Monday, November 27, 2006

Mountains ahead

The days of disciplined, command and order training is nearing, and my preparation must begin. For six months, I'll have to be in KL and all around for the compulsory course - a course of not just lectures and books, but also seas, rivers, mountains and jungles. The course will not only cover aspects of the corporate world but will include police, military and army training. I feel adrenaline rising as the day draws nearer - tentatively January 8, 2007.

It sure sounds thrilling on one hand, but I have never been trained in such tough conditions, never been away on such outdoor camps. The last I went camping was when I was Form 1, with the Girl Guides. I am not in any way a woman of steel, and needless to say, I have my fears. I can only pray for strength in the petite structure that I posess.

My list of things to buy is on my desk now. Just jotted them down from e-mails shared by my fellow colleagues, with whom I'll be on this journey. Boy, quite a number of things on the list:-
travelling bag, backpack, waist pouch, white long sleeve t-shirts, plenty of undewear, t-shirts and pants, track-bottoms, swimsuit, court shoes, lots of biscuits and cereals and a lap-top.

Do you have any other tips to add, to my experienced friends out there?

As for now, I have an outstation function to attend, practically every week of December. Will be in KL this Friday and the next, following that is a 3-day meeting in Frasers Hill....can't wait to go home for Christmas..a short break before a whole new world begins.

Just the other day, I was watching my favourite series on TV - Seventh Heaven, TV 1, 11.oo pm on Tuesday. It's a series that I completed wathching on Singapore channel when I was in my teens, back in Kluang. It's a family story - about a pastor's family, parenting and the challenges each family member faces in differents phases of their life, and how they faced it. That particular day, the pastor's father was advising his youngest granddaughter on facing a totally new environment, and he used his experience as an example. He told about how he boarded the bus to join the army when he was 17, and left behind his family and everything else that he ever knew about, into the world of the unknown. The 6-year-old kid asked him how he did it, and he said, "I took it one day at a time. I told myself that if I can get through this day, I'll be allright..and a day became weeks and weeks became months...soon it was over." He went on to day that if he didn't join the army, he would have never become a colonel, and never would have married his wife, and never would have had that sweet granddaughter he was speaking to..not of the would have happened if he never boarded that bus when he was seventeen.

That day, I felt that that was a sermon for me...it spoke directly to me and I was thingking, yes , life's like that. Sometimes it's not that we don't know. We just need to be reminded every now and then, and God just has His way doing doing that...even through television.

So to my mountains ahead....I'll take them one day at a time...come to think of it, 6 long months is just 24 short weeks. They'll fly before I know it. The amazing grace of God has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.

And you know what, it's Tuesday today! I can catch yet another hour of my favourite show tonight!

Take care and God bless you!:) Missing all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home